Welcome! I'm Barb, a passionate home cook and food educator. Thanks for taking the time to look at this course.
So many of us would like to simplify meal prep, eat healthy foods and cook more meals at home. Prepare meals with foods that truly nourish ourselves and our families and scrap all the take-out, processed, pre-made foods that are typically fatty, sugary and salty.
But lets face it...it's hard to find the time to cook for our families...with juggling work, family, social events and everyday chores. It's a problem.
But what if you had someone guiding you through the process of home cooking. Showing you how to simplify meal prep for healthy dinners, choose the best foods at the grocery store and meal plan to eat well and save time. Then you'd cook healthy, tasty meals for your family and friends with confidence. I promise!
It's why I created this course.
- wish to simplify meal prep and cook more healthy dinners so they can take better care of themselves and their families. But they can't find time.
- wish to learn how to choose healthy foods at the grocery store, but are overwhelmed with all the food choices.
- need healthy dinner ideas.
- wish to save money on groceries and waste less food.
- wish to be more organized with meal plans so they can save money, time and eat more variety.
- wish to feel inspired, motivated & gain confidence with their cooking skills.
At the end of the 4 week guided course you'll turn cooking into a successful habit and have the healthiest family possible.
What You Get:
The course is meant to be taken over 4 weeks, or you can go at your own pace. You'll get:
- 32 educational & skills-based videos over 4 weekly sessions
- weekly challenges to support you
- weekly workbooks with recipes
- bi-weekly email support and access to instructor
- recipe Booklet with over 25 simple tasty recipes from the workbooks
- meal planning and shopping list template
- 5 day completed meal plan with recipes and shopping list
- subscription to the Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter
- money-back guarantee, if you aren't satisfied after 2 weeks
At the end of the course you will:
- be preparing yummy, healthy meals for family and friends (with pride).
- know how to create well-balanced meals (and take better care of yourself and your family).
- be preparing weekly meal plans that match your lifestyle (yeah!).
- be eating less take-out and processed foods (and saving time and money!).
- be serving meals full of variety that your family want to eat (and not making the same meals every night).
- be choosing the healthiest foods at the grocery store with confidence & start reading food labels.
- simplify meal prep to save time and effort in the kitchen (so you can watch more Netflix).
- save money on groceries and waste less food (plus save the planet!).
- reduce the stress of home cooking with many healthy dinner ideas.
- feel inspired to cook more meals at home (success!).
What they are saying:
“Excellent teacher is key to the enjoyment. Barb was excellent, knowledgeable and a good teacher”
"The course was very enjoyable and everything discussed was very relatable. I liked the weekly challenges, they gave me more encouragement"
"The Course created the awareness with regards to cooking and health eating"
" The Cooking Reboot Program is an inspiring series of cooking classes"
"I have know Barb for many years. I have always been impressed and inspired by her passion, not only for food but for sharing her knowledge! This latest endeavour is proof of how Barb continues to make healthy eating accessible and delicious."
- Barbara Allan, RD, CDE, Author of "The Diabetes Prevention & Management Cookbook."
The program kicks off by setting you up for success. In this session you'll come away convinced that food matters and become inspired to cook more at home. We'll show you how to chop onions and garlic and show you how to make a Tomato Meat Sauce Recipe.
In the second session we'll explore food. You'll understand the importance of eating real food and discover ways to include more fruits and veggies in your diet. By the end of the week you will be whipping up delicious salads and whizzing up tasty smoothies.
In this session we ask the question, "Do you really know what's in your food?" You'll learn to decipher food labels so they aren't so confusing. Understanding what's in your food will help you eat better. As well, you learn some different ways to save money at the grocery store (who doesn't like saving money?). We dive into talking about grains and fibre, especially the importance of fibre and how to increase your intake so you can feel healthier. By the end of the week you will be preparing a soup, a wrap or a pasta primavera which all help increase your daily fibre.
Taking a little bit of time each week to get organized is the best thing you can do to establish great cooking habits. In this session you'll learn how to plan your weekly meals so you can save money, save time, eat better and eat less take-out. By the end of the session you will be enjoying yourself in the kitchen cooking up delicious Veggie Chili, Quiche or Easy Curry Chicken. You'll be on the road towards establishing a healthy happy kitchen.
If you have any other question check out our Frequently Asked Questions here.
Are you ready to turn home cooking into a reality? Let's Begin!
If you have any questions, please contact Barb at www.recipestotherescue.ca