Discover how easy it is to become a healthy home cook...eat more fresh foods, less take out and have the healthiest family possible!
So many of us would love to be organized in the kitchen and cook more at home. However, many of us are overwhelmed and feel like we don't have the time to plan, shop for, and carry out healthy meal prep ideas.
However, if we could get organized with healthy meal prep ideas and eat less take-out we'd feel better about taking care of ourselves and our families.
Gaining the knowledge to simplify meal prep and basic food skills will help you create awesome meals for your family.
I’m Barb Kemp, a food educator and self taught home cook who's been delivering healthy eating and cooking programs for over 15 years. What I’ve found is that everyday home cooks all struggle with the same things. They:
- don't have time to cook, but wish they did.
- have a desire to cook more at home with more real foods and less processed foods.
- wish to eat healthier so they have more energy and are sick less often.
- hate that looming question, "what am I going to cook for dinner?"
- want to feed their family healthy meals but lack inspiration!
- are not organized, so they don't cook.
- wish to meal plan and stop wasting food.
- eat way too much take-out because they can't get motivated to cook.
- are embarrassed to call themselves a home cook but want to make the kitchen a bigger part of their home.
It's why I created this course.
I wanted to develop a course that was enjoyable and relatable to the everyday cook. To teach healthy eating & cooking habits that are simple to implement. To give you the confidence to prepare easy, tasty meals for your family and friends and of course, have fun in the kitchen.
At the end of the course you'll have the healthiest family possible!
You're in the right place if you want:
- to eat healthy and cook more at home so you can improve your health and have a healthy family
- to gain healthy meal prep ideas
- to save money on groceries and dial down on the take-out
- to get more organized with your meal planning
- to understand better what's in your food
- to simplify meal prep and reduce the stress of home cooking
- to feel inspired and motivated again in the kitchen.
How It Works
Sign up and the fun begins!It's expected that you complete one session each week. We want you to savour the course and practice cooking in-between sessions. We'll support you with bi-weekly emails and you'll have access to the instructor.
- 4 weekly sessions
- 32 educational & skills-based videos
- Weekly challenges to support you
- Weekly workbooks with recipes
- Bi-weekly email support and access to instructor
- Over 25 simple tasty recipes
- Menu plan and shopping list template
- 5 day completed menu plan with recipes and shopping list
- Recipe booklet from all workbooks
- Subscription to the Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter
- Money-Back Guarantee, if you aren't satisfied after 2 weeks
The program kicks off by setting you up for success. In this session you'll come away convinced that food matters and become inspired to cook more at home. We'll show you how to chop onions and garlic and show you how to make a Tomato Meat Sauce Recipe.
In the second session we'll explore food. You'll understand the importance of eating real food and discover ways to include more fruits and veggies in your diet. By the end of the week you will be whipping up delicious salads and whizzing up tasty smoothies.
In this session we ask the question, "Do you really know what's in your food?" You'll learn to decipher food labels so they aren't so confusing. Understanding what's in your food will help you eat better. As well, you learn some different ways to save money at the grocery store (who doesn't like saving money?). We dive into talking about grains and fibre, especially the importance of fibre and how to increase your intake so you can feel healthier. By the end of the week you will be preparing a soup, a wrap or a pasta primavera which all help increase your daily fibre.
Taking a little bit of time each week to get organized is the best thing you can do to establish great cooking habits. In this session you'll learn how to plan your weekly meals so you can save money, save time, eat better and eat less take-out. By the end of the session you will be enjoying yourself in the kitchen cooking up delicious Veggie Chili, Quiche or Easy Curry Chicken. You'll be on the road towards establishing a healthy happy kitchen.
If you have any other question check out our Frequently Asked Questions here.
What they are saying:
“Excellent teacher is key to the enjoyment. Barb was excellent, knowledgeable and a good teacher”
"The course was very enjoyable and everything discussed was very relatable. I liked the weekly challenges, they gave me more encouragement"
"The Course created the awareness with regards to cooking and health eating"
" The Cooking Reboot Program is an inspiring series of cooking classes"
"I have know Barb for many years. I have always been impressed and inspired by her passion, not only for food but for sharing her knowledge! This latest endeavour is proof of how Barb continues to make healthy eating accessible and delicious."
- Barbara Allan, RD, CDE, Author of "The Diabetes Prevention & Management Cookbook."
ARE YOU READY? SIGN UP TO BEGIN.
If you have any questions, please contact Barb at www.recipestotherescue.ca